Special thanks to Produce for Kids for providing this yummy recipe and great strawberry preservation tip! Strawberry jam is the jam! Great for adding to toast, topping waffles or stirring into oatmeal, homemade jam is easy to make and better for you than store bought versions with tons of added sugar.
Our homemade strawberry jam only needs 4 ingredients:
Strawberries, maple syrup, chia seeds and vanilla extract! A fresh batch can keep in the fridge for 2 weeks or the freezer for 3 months.
- 16 oz. fresh Wish Farms strawberries, leaves hulled, chopped
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat. Add strawberries and maple syrup, cover and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to break down.
- Increase heat and bring to a gentle boil. Cook 5 minutes, lightly mashing berries as they break down
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently and mashing, until thickened.
- Add chia seeds and vanilla, and let cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer to air tight jar or container. Seal and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months