Handled with Love
A lot of love goes into growing and harvesting Wish Farms strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and pineberries. Each berry is handpicked with love, just for you and your family.
Treat your pineberries just as you would traditional red strawberries. Place them in the refrigerator as soon as possible. Do not wash them until you are ready to eat. When you are ready to enjoy, wash them under a gentle stream of cool water. Like other berries, Wish Farms Pink-A-Boo® Pineberries are highly perishable, so consume them within a few days of purchase.
Always remember to:
- Store your pineberries in a dry container.
- Keep your berries refrigerated.
- Gently rinse your pineberries under cool water just prior to use. Pineberries absorb water and rinsing too long before consuming will accelerate the rate of decomposition.
- Serve at room temperature. That’s when their natural, sweet flavor is at their best!
When choosing the perfect package, only select pineberries:
- Stored in a refrigerated display case within the produce department.
- In a clean, dry container.
- Free of shriveling, dents, bruising or leaking.
How to Freeze Berries
Keeping your favorite Wish Farms berries on hand all year long just got a whole lot easier. Freezing your Wish Farms berries can preserve them for approximately a year, so you can continue to enjoy them in smoothies, protein shakes, jams, jellies or pies!
- Gently rinse berries with cool water.
- For strawberries and pineberries, cut the green caps off the top. For blueberries, remove any stems. Blackberries and raspberries can be frozen as is.
- Pat lightly with a towel to soak up the water.
- Allow time for the berries to thoroughly dry.
- Evenly lay berries on a cookie sheet. Separating the berries prior to freezing allows them not to stick together in the process.
- Place cookie sheet into the freezer for approximately 2 hours; or until berries are completely frozen.
- Pour frozen berries into large plastic zipper bag and seal tightly.
- Write the date on the plastic bag and store in the freezer.