- 1 ounce Old Forester Signature Bourbon
- 2 ounces Blueberry Shrub (recipe below)
- 6 ounces cold water
- 1 orange peel
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- Build in a Collins glass filled with ice. Bourbon, Shrub, Water then lightly stir to combine and garnish with expressed orange peel.
- Place the blueberries in a nonmetallic container.
- Add the vinegar and cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 3 days.
- Pour the vinegar-marinated blueberries into a sieve over a bowl; press the berries to release all their juice. Discard the solids.
- Pour the blueberry liquid into a medium saucepan.
- Add the sugar and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Pour the sweetened blueberry liquid into small container and chill.
- To make each drink, ad 1/4 cup blueberry concentrate to a medium cocktail glass filled with ice and add 1 cup of cold water. Garnish if desired.
Submit your review