This recipe was created by Amy Kim of the Kimchi MOM blog. She specializes in blending Korean and Korean-inspired dishes with fun and unique flavor combinations, making her recipes the staple go-to meals for you and your family!
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
For the Salad:
- (1) 5-ounce box of baby spinach
- 6 ounces of crumbled goat cheese
- 4-6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 3-4 thin chicken cutlets, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup cooked pearl or Israeli couscous
- 3-4 ounces fresh blueberries
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of toasted sunflower kernels
- 7-8 basil leaves, thinly sliced or chiffonade
- Preheat the oven to 4oo degrees F. In a medium-sized bowl, toss the blueberries with the sugar until evenly coated.
- Spread the blueberries out on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a blender, add blueberries, vinegar, chipotle pepper, and lemon juice. Cover and pulse a couple times.
- Add olive oil and pulse until blended. Add salt to taste. Store in a sealed jar refrigerated for up to a few days.
- To assemble the salad - on a large platter, cover the entire platter with a layer of spinach. Then working from the center out, spread the goat cheese in a 3-inch section.
- Spread the bacon out in a 3-inch section on one side.
- Fan out the avocado on the other side of the cheese.
- Fan out the chicken slices next to the bacon and spread out the couscous next to the avocado.
- Spread the blueberries evenly over the cheese.
- Evenly scatter the following ingredients over the entire platter -scallions, sunflower kernels, and basil.
- Serve with the dressing.