This recipe was created by the world renowned chef’s at Élevage by Epicurean Hotel and Bern’s Steakhouse in Tampa, FL. This local Tampa Bay restaurant focuses on amazing flavor combinations that feature fresh, locally grown food. Wish Farms is excited to partner up with this restaurant to promote Florida blueberry season throughout the month of April. Click to visit theÉlevage website.
- 3 pints blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sachet of: ½ tablespoon juniper berries, ½ tablespoon pink peppercorns, ½ tablespoon black peppercorns, 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 sheets gelatin
- Bring all ingredients except vinegar up to a simmer.
- Cook the berries until they start to burst.
- Add vinegar and check seasoning.
- Bloom 2 sheets of gelatin and then add to the jam.
- Bring back to a boil, remove sachet, and then cool jam down.