- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoonbaking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 drops Doterra Laveder oil (or any other brand of edible oil)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Wish Farms blackberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and lavender together in a large bowl.
- Grate butter with a cheese grater, and add to the flour mixture.
- Use your hands to rub the butter and flour mixture together, until it resembles breadcrumbs or a course flour like almond flour.
- Combine heavy cream and egg in a bowl, and whisk together.
- Add to the flour and butter mixture, and use a knife to gently cut the batter to mix it together.
- Gently use a spatula to fold in the blackberries until the dough is well combined, but be careful not to overmix the dough.
- Turn the dough onto your silicone mat, and shape into a round, 8 inch disc. The dough should be around 1.5 inches thick.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal sized triangles and gently pull them apart from each other so they don't touch.
- Brush the triangles with a little bit of heavy cream or milk to help them crisp up.
- Place in the oven for 20-25minutes. They should be starting to lightly brown on the top and cooked in the middle, but still soft. Set aside to cool.
Sift the powdered sugar, and combine all the glaze ingredients in a bowl. Stir together until smooth. If the mixture is too runny, add a touch more powdered sugar. If it is too thick, add a little more milk.
Get a spoon, and drizzle the glaze over the cooled scones.
Serve and enjoy!