Blueberries; the year-round berry that we all know and love! Whether you are eating these bite-sized berries by the handful, on top of a dish, or mixed into some pancakes, blueberries make the perfect, sweet addition to your daily diet… that also benefit your health. Talk about a win-win!
With about 85 calories per cup and close to zero grams of fat, blueberries straight from the carton make the perfect low-calorie snack to munch on at your desk or on-the-go. While being sweet AND low-calorie is surely a benefit on its own, there are many more advantages that make blueberries truly a SUPERFOOD!
- Blueberries are considered an antioxidant superfood because they are one of the best sources of disease-preventing antioxidants.
- 20% of your daily Vitamin C requirement can come from just a single serving of blueberries.
- In just one hardy cup of blueberries, you will get about 15% of your daily fiber intake, 3.6 grams, to support your digestive system and help with weight loss.
- Blueberries are also a great source of manganese which helps to support your body’s metabolism.
- Last, but not least, blueberries boost your memory and cognition. Can’t say “no” to a healthy mind!
Check out some of our favorite guilt-free blueberry recipes to try for yourself. Your taste buds AND your body will thank you!
(With or without the additional strawberries these are a great, healthy snack!)
Don’t forget to tag @wishfarms in your blueberry creations!