Desiree Rodriguez is the creator of this recipe and her blog, Rican Vegan, a wellness and food blog that specializes in creating vegan and vegetarian recipes that are inspired by traditional Latin dishes. She provides health and wellness tips as well as healthy and flavorful recipes for anyone who is looking to eat a plant-based diet. She is a contributor for TODAY Food Club the official food community for the TODAY Show where several of her recipes are featured. Head over to Rican Vegan to find more recipes.
IngredientsTriple B Salad
- 1 package baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 can low sodium red kidney beans drained and rinsed or 1 cup dried red kidney beans cooked
- 1 cup bulgur wheat cooked
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons crispy onions
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
DirectionsTriple B Salad
- Wash spinach leaves and place on a plate.
- Add the blueberries, red kidney beans, cooked bulgur and sliced strawberries on top of the spinach.
- Top with crispy onions, sunflower seeds and chopped pecans.
- Drizzle the blueberry pomegranate dressing over the entire salad.
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until all of the ingredients are mixed.
- Set aside.