This recipe was created by Emily Ellyn. Emily is best known as the Retro Rad Chef from Food Network; Appearing on “Food Network Star,” “Cupcake Wars” and most recently as the winner of “Cutthroat Kitchen.” She’s also a culinary educator and food writer, who writes for “edible” magazine and is the Cake Genius at “Cake Central” magazine. When she’s not busy writing or lecturing, you’ll find Emily cooking up fun at food and spirits events around the world.
- 3 cups Wish Farms Strawberries, or substitute with any mix of fresh Wish Farms berries
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- In a bowl, stir together ingredients or pour into blender and process until smooth.
- Serve as a dipping sauce or use the sauce to flavor your favorite breaded, fried, barbecued, or grilled items. Try it on our Blueberry Brined Fried Chicken!