Beautifully created by “From Scratch with Maria” . Check out her page for more recipe inspiration!
- 2 – 10oz containers of Wish Farms Pink-A-Boo® Pineberries or strawberries
- 1 recipe of sugar cookie dough (recipe here)
- 16oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Edible flowers, fresh basil, and powdered sugar for topping, optional
- Gently rinse and pat dry the Wish Farms Pink-A-Boo® Pineberries.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the tart pan upside down and use it as a cookie cutter to get a circle shape.
- Flip the tart pan back over and use a spatula or scraper to place the circle-shaped dough into the tart pan.
- Press the dough into to tart pan and up the sides. Use excess cookie dough to press into the sides of the tart pan to create the edges.
- Use a fork to make indentations all around the tart. This prevents the tart from puffing up when baking.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Baking time will vary based on how cold the dough is to begin with and how thick or thin it’s rolled out. The best bet is to keep an eye on it, and when it’s lightly golden, it should be good to go.
- Repeat with the second tart pan if making two tarts.
- Remove the tart pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely while making the filling.
- Make the filling by placing the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Then, use a hand mixer, starting at a very low speed to mix everything together. Bring the mixer up to a medium speed and mix until it is light and easy to spread. Add a little extra powdered sugar if it’s not thick enough. (This is enough filling for two tarts, so if you are only making one, then use half of the filling and freeze the other half.)
- Spread the filling into the cooled tart pan.
- Cut the pineberries (or strawberries) into slices and place them on top of the filling. This can be done in any creative way you like. I placed mine in circles around the tart, alternating the inside and outside of the strawberries starting from the outside.
- Pop the tart out of the pan, if using the tart pan with the removable bottom, and place on a cake platter.
- Top with powdered sugar, freshly torn basil, and edible flowers.
- Repeat with the second tart if making two.