You had me at French Toast! Add in some Wish Farms fresh raspberries, and we are in business! You’ll never look at breakfast the same way again.
- 1 pound loaf of day old French bread, cut into cubes (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups fresh Wish Farms raspberries, divided
- 2-3 cups coconut milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Grease 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place half of the bread in the bottom of the baking dish, top with half of the raspberries, then repeat with remaining bread and raspberries.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, zest, and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture over bread and raspberries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- On the morning of, remove from refrigerator and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and bake in preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, until lightly golden and cooked through. Cover with foil for the last 15 minutes so the top won’t burn. This allows more moisture to soak into the bread.
- Top with powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.