Sarah Bates from The Chef Next Door loves to share her favorite recipes and simple how-to’ s! Baking is her passion, so you’ll find plenty of sweet treats on her blog, but she also shares family friendly meals and snacks. She loves to cook and share her tasty creations for all to enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh Wish Farms Blueberries
- 1 cup milk, plus more for brushing the scones
For the glaze
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it looks like coarse crumbs. Carefully fold in the blueberries. Make a well in the center of the bowl and pour in the milk. Gently fold everything together just to incorporate, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Press the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 12 inches long. Cut the rectangle in half, then cut the two pieces in half again, giving you four squares. Cut the four squares on a diagonal to give you eight triangle shapes. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with a little milk. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar or granulated sugar, if desired. Bake the scones for 20 minutes, or until brown. Let the scones cool slightly before glazing.
- For the glaze, whisk all of the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the scones and allow to set for just a few minutes before serving.