30 minutes Serves 8 intermediate
- 1 package of organic cubed beets
- 1/4 cup broccoli sprouts
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 carrot thinly sliced, or 1/2 cup from a bag of matchstick carrots
- 2 radish thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 1/4 cup fresh Wish Farms raspberries divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice plus zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
Fried Goat Cheese
- 11 ounces goat cheese (log), freeze 15 minutes before cutting
- 1/2 cup organic Italian herb spiced breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup pistachios finely chopped in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon thyme chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- vegetable oil for frying
In a large bowl add spinach. Arrange beets, carrots, radish, peas, avocado and 1/4 cup raspberries.
In a blender combine 1 cup raspberries, lemon juice, zest, water, olive oil and honey until smooth.
Fried Goat Cheese
- Freeze the goat cheese log for 15 minutes to firm log before cutting.
- Combine breadcrumbs, pistachios, thyme, garlic powder, black pepper and salt in a small bowl. Beat egg in a separate bowl and place flour in a separate bowl.
- Remove the cheese from the freezer. Using a small sharp knife, slice the goat cheese into ½” rounds. Wipe the knife clean in between cuts. Reshape the round if needed to create a nice smooth circle.
- Dip the cut cheese in the flour, then egg, and then panko mixture and coat both sides and fry immediately.
- In a small frying pan, add enough oil to reach halfway up the goat cheese. Carefully place the cheese into the pan and cook until golden brown. Check often as this cooks very quickly. Flip over with a spatula and fry the other side until golden brown. Drain the fried cheese on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- Serve salad with one or two pieces of the goat cheese and drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette.
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews