This recipe was created by the owner of Cloud 9 Confections, Beth Lukens. She paired up with Wish Farms, The Epicurean hotel and Elevage restaurant to bring us some of her delicious Florida Blueberry Season inspired blueberry cupcake recipes! In the Tampa area? Order your own batch of ‘from scratch’ homemade sweets today!
- 1 box devil's food cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup berry flavored hard cider
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mixed berries
- 1 to 3 tsp milk, for thinning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake pan liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the cake mix, eggs, oil and cider.
- Mince the berries and fold into the batter.
- Divide batter among cupcake lines, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Beat the butter in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Mince the berries and fold into the frosting. If it is too thick add just enough milk to thin the frosting to a pipeable consistency. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and top with berries for garnish.