This recipe was created by Masterchef winner, Whitney Miller, who paired up with Wish Farms, The Epicurean hotel and Elevage restaurant to bring us some of her delicious Florida Blueberry Season inspired recipes! Her sweet, southern charm and cooking style meshes homegrown comfort food with modern creative flavor choices for a fun and unique twist. Buy her cookbook for more amazing recipes!
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in 100% pineapple juice
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup pure can sugar
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 3/4 cup (1 1/4 stuck) butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the crushed pineapple in the bottom of a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or a 9 x 13- inch glass baking dish. Evenly distribute the blueberries over the top. Sprinkle a layer of sugar and then the cake mix over the blueberries.
- Melt the butter in a microwave- safe bowl, and pour over the top of the cake mix. Be sure to cover it all.
- Sprinkle the copped pecans and coarse salt on top.
- Bake the cake for 50 mins, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.