Summer is here and it’s time to BBQ! This not-too-sweet bourbon BBQ sauce is the perfect mix of sweet blues with a spicy kick.
- 1 pound of fresh Wish Farms blueberries
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat canola oil over medium heat and sauté onions and garlic until cooked through and translucent. Combine everything in a large pot and cook down for approximately 30 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove bay leaves and let cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender and pureé until smooth.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to use!