This recipe was created by Masterchef winner, Whitney Miller, who paired up with Wish Farms, The Epicurean hotel and Elevage restaurant to bring us some of her delicious Florida Blueberry Season inspired recipes! Her sweet, southern charm and cooking style meshes homegrown comfort food with modern creative flavor choices for a fun and unique twist. Buy her cookbook for more amazing recipes!
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons diced fresh jalapeño
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 (1 pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and silver skin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 to 7 thin slices bacon
DirectionsTo make the Sauce
- Combine 1 cup blueberries, blackberries, garlic, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño and sugar in a small saucepan over medium to medium-high heat. Cover and cook for 12 minutes, stirring halfway though cooking.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a wire mesh strainer over the pan. press solids to extract sauce. Discard the solids.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries, vinegar and chicken stock. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Season the pork all over with the salt and pepper
- Lay the bacon strips, slightly overlapping each other, on the baking sheet.
- Lay the pork tenderloin down the center of the bacon strips, perpendicular to them.
- Carefully wrap the bacon slices on one side of the pork around the tenderloin, tucking the bacon ends under the tenderloin to secure.
- Roll the tenderloin forward to finish the wrapping of the bacon.
- Secure bacon ends with toothpicks if loose
- Bake the tenderloin for 25 mins. If bacon isn't crispy yet, broil on high for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest for 8 mins.
- Slice tenderloin in medallions and serve with warm sauce.