Wish Farms will be holding our annual charity strawberry u-pick on
Saturday, March 29th from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at our farm in Duette, FL.
With the Florida strawberry season winding down, what better time than for you to come out for a day on the farm and pick your very own strawberries! Our monthly strawberry u-picks this season have been so much fun and we’ve received positive feedback from the families and friends that have stopped by to visit.
Our farm in Duette will be open to the public for an annual charity strawberry U-pick with all proceeds going to Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA). Pick your own strawberries for only $5 per flat, which includes the donation and crate costs.
In addition, food banks are welcome to attend. Charities, if you supply your own containers you are allowed to pick for free. (Charitable groups must present documentation of their organization upon arrival.)
This will be our LAST STRAWBERRY U-PICK OF THE SEASON so don’t miss out! Stock up on berries to enjoy all summer long. Click here to watch a video on instructions for freezing strawberries.
- WHAT: Wish Farms Annual Charity Strawberry U-Pick
- WHEN: Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- WHERE: 37381 SR 62 Duette, FL 34219 **Note this is a different location than our other u-picks so far this season**
- COST: $5 per flat (includes donation and crate materials)
- WHO: Everyone’s invited! Bring your family or come solo. (no pets allowed)
- WHY: All proceeds will go to RCMA. RCMA provides quality child care and early education for children of migrant farm workers and rural, low-income families throughout Florida.
For questions prior-to or the day-of please leave a comment on this webpage or email [email protected] with the subject line: U-Pick
Please remember this is a working farm and we ask that you be respectful.
1. There is a maximum speed limit of 15 mph while operating a vehicle on the premises; provided, however, those operators of such vehicles should use caution while on the premises and reduce their speed below the maximum speed limit when appropriate to ensure the safety of the occupants of the vehicle and others.
2. Operators of vehicles and all other Participants of the Event must stay inside the designated driving, parking and u-pick areas while on the premises.
3. Operators of vehicles and all other Participants must yield right of way to tractors, farm trucks and equipment while on the premises.
4. Operators of vehicles and all other Participants shall use caution when entering and exiting main roads and at all times while on the premises.
5. Walking on or crossing over plant beds is prohibited.
6. Smoking in the strawberry fields is prohibited. To the extent that smoking will be permitted on the premises, a person may smoke only in such areas that are expressly designated and identified as smoking areas.
7. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises.