Strawberry Picking Challenge
Wish Farms invites you to our second annual Strawberry Picking Challenge benefitting RCMA!
Redlands Christian Migrant association (RCMA) provides childcare and education services for low- income and rural families. Visit our strawberry farm in Plant City to enjoy a sweet & festive afternoon with your family all for a great cause!
- Strawberry Picking Challenge
- Saturday, February 7th open from 11:00am- 2:30pm
- Futch Farms: 3536 Futch Loop, Plant City, FL 33566
- All proceeds benefit the children at Redlands Christian Migrant Association.
- Watch the team’s competing for Best Harvest Crew in the Strawberry Picking Challenge competition
- Emcee by Reporter for InfoMas, Melissa Zayas Moreno
- Play strawberry featured games & activities
- Music by the popular Clemons Road Band
- Snap family photos in front of our historic barn & antique tractors
- Eat a delicious lunch from our food trucks! $5 kids meal and $10 adult meal
- Enjoy some strawberry shortcake
- Purchase fresh-picked strawberries at Misty the Garden Pixie’s Post (You may just get to meet her!)
Please note this is NOT a u-pick event
MEET OUR JUDGES:
Strawberry Grower and Manager
of G&D Farms.
Editor of Florida, Food & Farm , Publisher of
Writer for the Coastal Star,
Florida Weekly, Sun-Sentential
newspapers, City and Shore, Florida Travel
& Life, and Go! Magazines.
Contributing Food Columnist for
Sarasota City News & Blogger for
Erin’s Everyday Eats.
For families coming to enjoy a day on the strawberry farm, the strawberry picking challenge is a spectator event. Corporate teams will be competing for the coveted Strawberry Joe trophy. The trophy is named after the late Joe Wishnatzki, our owner Gary Wishnatzki’s father. Joe and his brother Lester joined the family farm business in 1955. Joe was passionate about strawberries and would be proud to support a charity event that promoted the importance of our farmers and pickers. The “Strawberry Joe” is a perpetual trophy that will be passed around year to year. The winner of the first annual Bright House Networks Strawberry Picking Challenge will have their team’s name featured on a plaque. The trophy will be displayed proudly for a year until the next picking challenge when a new winner is selected. We thank everyone who is helping to make this tradition grow! Here’s to a new tradition.
OUR 2015 SPONSORS:
A special thanks to all of our 2014 sponsors for supporting RCMA last year. Our goal was exceeded last year and $75,000 was raised for the cause! To become a sponsor for the event, please contact Amber Kosinsky (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you.
Will & Pam Bissett
Avery Family Foundation
Ed & Barbara Bergmann USMCS, LLC
Mary & Bob Sierra Family Foundation, Inc.
Dr. Jay & Loraine Garcia
Dick & Julie Moore