For the Allison Family of Spring Valley Farms, farming isn’t just a career, it’s a passion and way of life. The FFVA Harvester featured this farming family ...
Charity Strawberry U-Pick
We get questions all year from strawberry lovers asking to visit our farm for the chance to pick their very own strawberries. The time is now here!
Wish Farms is hosting a charity strawberry u-pick! Come spend the day with us and start a fun family tradition. Enjoy the beautiful views of the largest contiguous strawberry farm East of the Mississippi. We are setting aside strawberry fields with ripe ready-to-pick strawberries especially for this event. Get a car load together, pack a lunch (and your camera) and create some wonderful memories!
Below are all of the details you need for the event. If you have any additional questions please respond to the blog post below or email email@example.com.
U-Pick Event Details:
- Dates: Saturday, April 6th & Sunday, April 7th
- Time: 9am – 3pm
- Cost: $5 per box (Wish Farms box and cups will be provided)
- Location: G&D Farms/Wish Farms – 37381 State Road 62, Duette, FL 34219
Directions to G&D Farms/Wish Farms in Duette, FL
*Please take note this is a new farm location than previous years*
Location: G&D Farms/Wish Farms - 37381 State Road 62, Duette, FL 34219
- From the Tampa/Bradenton/Sarasota area: Take I75 OR Hwy 301 into Parrish, then go 17 miles east on hwy 62 to the entrance on the right.
- From the Wauchula/Zolfo Springs/Bartow area: Take Hwy 17 to 3 miles north of Wauchula, then go 20 miles west on Hwy 62 to the entrance on the left.
- From the Brandon/Plant City/Lakeland area: Take Hwy 60 to 3 miles south of Plant City, then go 25 miles South on Hwy 39 to Hwy 62, go right ¼ mile to the entrance on the left.
- All proceeds will be donated to Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA). RCMA provides quality childcare and early education for children of migrant farm workers and rural, low-income families throughout Florida. For more information on this wonderful organization visit www.rcma.org.
- If you are associated with a Food Bank fees will be waived. You must present proof of your organization upon arrival and bring your own package materials to collect the fruit.
- The u-pick will NOT include organic strawberries.
- Please take note this is a new farm location than previous years.
- Cell phone reception in this area is limited please plan accordingly.
- There is a Wish Farms sign located at the farm entrance on State Road 62. We will have additional signs directing traffic further back on the farm to the designated u-pick fields.
If you are a blogger and interested in attending the u-pick please email firstname.lastname@example.org!